We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Supported Self-Directed Living Team Leader
(Staff Nurse or Social Care Worker grade)
Fixed term, Part time (30 hours a week)
Cope Foundation is recruiting a Supported Self-Directed Living (SSDL) Team Leader for ‘New Horizons’, an individualised support service.
The successful applicant will be required to provide and organise support services for individuals to facilitate their lives taking a new direction.
The following are essential requirements for the position:
· To have very good leadership, communication, team working, planning and organisational skills
· A willingness to be flexible with working hours
· A full, clean, current driving licence
· A relevant third level qualification in Nursing (and be on the live register of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland), Social Care/Social Studies, or equivalent.
· The ability to partner and liaise effectively with the person, their family and those who support them.
· To be abilities focused and have a strong desire to see the person lead a valued life in terms of home, family, work, social-life, relationships and support.
· The ability to be creative and innovative
· To be a good observer, a critical thinker and good problem solver.
The following is desirable:
· Experience in supporting people in individualised ways
· Training or Education in ‘Social Role Valorisation’ or ‘Supported Self Directed Living’
Informal enquiries may be made to Paula Kelly 021-4643123 or Sandra Swanton 021-4643261. Application forms may be obtained from the HR Division by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed application forms must be returned by Friday 3 May 2019. Applicants may be short listed on the basis of their application. The Department of Health & Children Consolidated Scales apply.
Visit our website at www.cope-foundation.ie
An Tuath Nua, Montenotte, Cork City (with daily travel from and to Millstreet, Co. Cork)
Based in An Tuath Nua, a day service for young adults with an intellectual disability and autism, the position will support people from the Millstreet area to attend An Tuath Nua. This will involve driving people we support to and from An Tuath Nua in Montenotte, Cork. The working day for this position will start and finish in Millstreet, Co. Cork. The successful person will also provide support as part of the team in An Tuath Nua.
A high degree of flexibility and motivation is required in order to meet and be responsive to the complex and changing needs of the people Cope Foundation supports.
Applicants should possess the following:
· A relevant QQI Major award level 5 qualification or equivalent
· Experience working with people with intellectual disability and/or autism
· Initiative, flexibility, and enthusiasm
· Experience of supporting people with behaviours of concern
· Very good communication, interpersonal & team working skills
· A full clean driving licence held for a minimum of 2 years.
Informal enquiries for these positions may be made to Anna Froggatt, Manager, An Tuath Nua on 086-7811981 or 021-4643264.
Application forms may be obtained from the HR Division by emailing email@example.com. Completed application forms must be returned by Thursday 25th April 2019. Applicants may be short listed on the basis of their application. The Department of Health & Children Consolidated Scales apply.
Staff Nurse – Macroom
Cope Foundation is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Staff Nurse to support people with intellectual disability and/or autism in our Macroom location. Applicants should possess a relevant third level qualification in Nursing, be on the live register of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland and possess a valid work visa to work in Ireland. Very good interpersonal skills and the flexibility to meet the changing needs of the people Cope Foundation supports are essential requirements. Experience working with people with intellectual disabilities and/or autism is an advantage. A full clean driving licence is desirable. Informal enquiries can be made to Liza Fitzgerald, Head of Homes & Division 2 on 021-4643209 or Bernie O’Sullivan, Director of Nursing on 021-4643107.
Application forms may be obtained from the HR Division by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications must be returned no later than Thursday 25th April 2019. Applicants may be short listed on the basis of their application. The Department of Health & Children Consolidated Scales apply.