On Wednesday 12th of August 2020 Cope Foundation’s 61st Annual Board Meeting was held.
Due to current Covid-19 measures in place, it was not possible for all Cope Foundation Members to physically attend the AGM, for the first time some members joined the AGM online through Microsoft Teams.
Below are some key points from this year’s AGM:
• The Directors Report, Financial statements and accounts were confirmed as being in order, you can view these on the Cope Foundation website here: https://www.cope-foundation.ie/About-Us/Annual-Reports
• Isobel O’Regan was elected as a Director of the board, welcome Isobel!
• Mark C Nolan retired from the board. John Punch, Chairman, on behalf of all at Cope Foundation, thanked Mark C Nolan on his unwavering contribution at Board and Sub-Committee level since 2008, and presented him with a beautiful painting by artist Valerie Scully.
The Chairman also updated Members on the following matters:
• The Covid-19 crisis has presented challenging times for many, that included the Foundation’s day and respite services which closed in March 2020 in line with Covid-19 regulations. The gradual resumption and reconfiguration of these services at a reduced level is currently in hand.
• A number of people supported by the Foundation, and staff, who were diagnosed with Covid-19, have all made a good recovery.
• The de-congregation of some of the residential settings is progressing and the number of Cope residential homes in the community has increased.
• The HSE and the Sisters of Charity are in the final stages of signing over St Vincent’s Centre to the Foundation.
In conclusion, John Punch, Chairman, thanked Members for their attendance (physical & virtual) at the Annual General Meeting.
Cope Foundation’s Annual Report 2019 is now available to view online here: https://www.cope-foundation.ie/About-Us/Annual-Reports