Monday 30th March 2020
During this time, Cope Foundation will continue to provide as much support as we can to the people who need us. We are following the HSE and Government guidelines and we are responding to these in a very proactive way. We are working hard to think of new ways of doing things and new ways of delivering services and supports to those who need them most. We are responding and adapting daily in these strange and uncertain times. As an organisation, we are so proud of and impressed by how well our staff and people we support are managing these significant changes and disruptions to their lives.
We have had to close or stop the majority of our services and supports with a number operating at a limited capacity. Our teams are coming together daily (in the form of online conference calls) to think creatively and plan about how best to meet peoples’ needs during this public health crisis. Our internal Coronavirus Response Team is working around the clock to make plans; communicate and collaborate with staff, people we support and families; implement necessary changes and to ensure that Cope Foundation, our teams, people supported, families and friends are in the best possible position to stay safe and well during this very difficult and challenging time.
Here is an overview of our current situation:
1. Managers are being updated each day and they are in regular contact with people we support, staff and families affected by closures or changes to their services. If you have a query about your local Cope Foundation centre or service, please contact the Manager of that centre or service. If you do not have contact details for him/her, please phone our main switchboard on 021 4643100.
2. At present the majority of our residential centres are operating across Cork city and county. It is with thanks to the incredible staff of Cope Foundation that we are able to continue to provide warm, loving and safe homes for the people we support.
3. As a result of the most up to date guidance there are no visitors allowed to any of our residences, except on exceptional compassionate grounds. Staff are supporting people, where possible, to stay in touch with family and friends using video calls, phone calls and texts. We encourage families and friends to keep up contact using these forms as it has never been so important to stay in touch with loved ones.
4. All respite services have been suspended until further notice.
5. We are continuing to provide some home support in exceptional circumstances to meet the needs of individuals and families. This home support follows the strict guidelines as per the Government recommendations and is reviewed regularly as the advice changes.
6. All of our day centres are closed. Where possible, some groups are continuing to meet virtually using video calls and other platforms. Again, this is done with thanks to staff.
7. Multi-disciplinary appointments are cancelled until further notice. Staff are keeping in touch with some families and some relevant resources are being shared with families online and we are hopeful that we can further develop this so that we are able to reach more families and provide more resources during this time.
8. Our administration services are operating at reduced capacity so we ask that you be patient when trying to get in touch with us. Staff who are able to work from home are doing so.
9. Our main switchboard is operating as normal. Please phone 021 4643100 and your call will be directed to the person best positioned to deal with your query. Our Head Office (Bonnington, Montenotte) is closed to the public.
10. We have postponed all fundraising events and campaigns during this crisis. However, we are appealing to people to continue to support us by making a donation online (www.cope-foundation.ie). If you would like to make a donation via online banking, click here to see our bank account details.
11. We are working hard to develop some online fundraising campaigns and hope you will be able to support these. Please keep an eye on our website and social media pages for updates.
12. E-mail is the most efficient way for us to communicate and contact families of people we support. Currently, we do not have email addresses for all families. We ask that families submit an up to date email address which we can use to contact. Please visit www.cope-foundation.ie/submitfamilycontacts
Please continue to check our website for important updates.
For the latest information on Coronavirus (Covid-19) and advice on how to keep you and your family safe please visit the HSE’s Coronavirus page.
Please ensure you and all of your family adhere to the social distancing guidance and ‘stay at home’ and above all please keep safe and well. We thank you for your continued support and cooperation on this matter.
Click here for our bank account details (fundraising)
Friday 13th March 2020
The safety and welfare of the people we support and our staff is the key priority for us.
Everyone in Cope Foundation is closely following developments in relation to Coronavirus (Covid-19). We are working with the HSE, staff, people we support and their families to put any necessary and required changes in place across our organisation to help limit the spread of Coronavirus.
As would be expected our network of staff and families has been tremendous in their commitment and support as we take steps to navigate through these uncertain times. We will continue to take all and any steps to ensure that we play our part in the wider community’s response to this situation.
We are here to give guidance and to answer any questions people we support, staff and families might have. For up to date information about the Coronavirus (Covid-19), we suggest you visit www.hse.ie
Friday 6th March 2020
As the situation with the Coronavirus emerges, we are communicating and preparing with our Teams and people we support as necessary.
We are receiving updates and advice from the HSE and urge people to seek information from www.hse.ie. We all need to communicate openly with each other so that we have a clear picture of the situation as it emerges. If any people we support, staff or families and friends have any concerns, please contact the Manager in your local Cope Foundation centre/service.
Wednesday 4th March 2020
Here at Cope Foundation we are keeping a close eye on the situation with the Coronavirus/Covid-19.
We have set up a special response group internally and we are communicating necessary updates and information with people we support and staff.
We ask that family members and people we support inform their local Cope Foundation centre of any travel plans they may have.
We have created some easy to read information about infection control and prevention for people we support, friends and families – please share it!
If you are a 'Family Contact' for a person supported by Cope Foundation, we urge you to update your contact details so that we can email and text you in an effort to reduce postal correspondence. Click here to submit your contact details.